Sydney - Newcastle - Brisbane
The Job Details
As an Accountant with Cutcher & Neale, you will work closely with senior team members and be supported by our generous study program as you grow into a Client Advisor.
Accountants in our team:
- Prepare individual tax returns including business schedules and more advanced capital gains
- Prepare financial statements including reconciliations of all accounts
- Understand different types of leasing arrangements including the accounting treatment, taxation treatment and preparation of associated schedules.
- Understand the GST and FBT tax systems and complete Activity Statements and FBT returns
- Understand the employee compliance framework including preparation of payroll tax returns
- Understand state taxes including Land Tax and Payroll Tax and prepare relevant forms and annual forms and notices
- Review ATO and other compliance correspondence and appropriately action with minimal direction
- Liaise with clients on basic queries/matters
- Review of information provided for work to be completed and completion of job handover notes as required to delegate the task
- Monitor WIP as jobs progress and timely preparation of fees
We will provide training on our existing processes; however the applicant must have:
- 2+yrs experience working in an Accounting firm
- Working towards or completion of Ba. Commerce or CA
- Desire to work collaboratively in a professional team focussed on continuous improvement
- Ability to work to deadlines with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you feel you are suited for the position, please submit a one page cover letter addressing how you meet the criteria and a resume detailing your experience.