As a provider of financial services, Cutcher & Neale are subject to certain legislative and regulatory requirements which necessitate us obtaining and holding detailed information which personally identifies you.
- Details of your current financial circumstances, including your assets and liabilities, income and expenditure.
- Employment details and employment history.
- Home address and telephone number.
The collection of any personal information will be done so only when you have knowingly provided that information to us or authorised a third party to provide that information to us. Whilst it is generally not feasible to conduct business with individuals anonymously the use of a pseudonym may be possible in some instances.
We will only collect, maintain, and use personal information about you if it is necessary for us to adequately provide to you the services you have requested. Personal information collected by Cutcher & Neale will not be used or disclosed for any other purpose other than:
- The primary purpose for which the information is required or secondary related purposes in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure.
- Where you have consented to such disclosure.
- Where the Australian Privacy Principles authorise use or disclosure where required or authorised under law.
If you have been contacted by Cutcher & Neale for marketing purposes you may contact us and request to be removed from such services via email to email@example.com
If information is collected, held, or used in any way other than stated in this policy Cutcher & Neale will always ensure that any activity will be conducted in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Personal information is maintained securely and is held in your client correspondence file. Some client information is also stored in a computer database. Cutcher & Neale will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse and loss, and from unauthorised access, modifications or disclosure. In the event of a client leaving Cutcher & Neale, any personal information we hold will be maintained for a period of 7 years in order to comply with legislative and professional requirements, following which time the information will be destroyed.
You may request access to your personal information by contacting your client representative. We will provide you with access to that information by providing you with copies of the information requested, or providing you with an accurate summary of the information required.
We will not provide you with access to your personal information if:
- Providing access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others.
- Providing access would be unlawful.
- Denying access is required or authorised by or under law.
- The request for access is frivolous.
In the event we refuse you access to your personal information, an explanation for that refusal will be provided.
In the event that you become aware, or believe, that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or outdated, you may contact your client representative. If Cutcher & Neale agree the information requires correcting, we will take reasonable steps to ensure the information requires correcting, we will take reasonable steps to ensure the information is corrected.
David Carpenter - Partner
The Bolton Building
25 Bolton Street
PO Box 694
NEWCASTLE NSW 2300
Free number: 1800 988 522
Fax: 02 4926 1971